You must be registered as a casual rider or member to enter the horse park. You must ride with a current receipt or membership ID card or risk being asked to leave the park or trespassed.
The horse park and forest closing time is from 8 pm until the end of daylight saving.
9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday (closed on weekends and holidays)
09 420 9566 ext. 1
71 Restall Road Waimauku – map
If you need to contact us after hours regarding an incident in Woodhill Forest that requires an immediate response from our Company (i.e. a matter of urgency that cannot wait until the next business day), please phone 021 128 4550 to reach the after hours duty manager. In an EMERGENCY dial 111.
- The equestrian park and the access gate on Restall Road open at 6.30 am and close at 6 pm in winter and 8 pm in summer.
- No access via Coast Road and the Muriwai horse gates before 6.30 am, or after 6 pm in winter and 8 pm in summer.
- Summer hours begin and end with daylight saving.
- No riding on forest land outside of the horse park boundary other than on the approved marked trails that are conditionally accessible south of the horse park.
- No riding during the hours of darkness.
- Vehicles left in the forest after hours will be towed at the owner’s expense or a release fee will be charged by security – First Security 0800 347 787.
Ngā Maunga Whakahii o Kaipara welcome the continued use of designated parts of Woodhill Forest by the equestrian community, through the Kake Hōiho operations. Equestrian access to the forest requires a current membership registration or a casual registration for the day. Registered riders will be provided with an access key and an ID card or receipt, which must be carried at all times when riding in the forest. If you are found in the park/forest without an ID card or receipt, you will be asked to leave and you risk being trespassed. Forest Kaitiaki/Wardens are patrolling the park/forest, if you are riding without our company vests you could be approached by them for proof of registration.
If you are interested in hiring the Nursery cabin/campsite, please see the form below for details – you will need to check with reception for availability.
We do not accept bookings months in advance of holiday periods, unless the group is 10 or more and the stay is at least 2 nights. A 50% deposit is required within 5 days of making the booking.
Download Facility Hire Agreement (Nursery Campsite)
Download Images of the Nursery Campsite
A copy of the horse park map is available below. The map shows the tracks that have been cleared and reopened since the storm in April 2018.
Download Kake Hōiho horse park map